Breast Thermography Preparation
If you have sunburn, fever, or are in your second or third trimester of pregnancy you should reschedule your appointment. Inform us if you have had radiation treatment within the last 6 months.
- Do not shave your underarms for 24 hours prior to the exam.
- Do not bathe or shower in hot water for at least 4 hours prior to your exam.
- Do not use creams, lotions, deodorants, talcum powder, or other skin products on your neck, chest, underarm, or breast area the morning of the exam.
- Do not consume coffee, tea, soda, or other caffeinated/energy beverages for at least 4 hours prior to the exam.
- Do not smoke or use other nicotine products the day of your exam.
- Do not participate in any rigorous exercise for at least 4 hours prior to your exam.
- Avoid massage, physical therapy, analgesic (pain relief) creams, balms, magnets, poultice, and chiropractic adjusting for 24 hours prior to the examination.
- Do not stimulate your nipples in any way for 12 hours prior to the exam.
- Do not wear necklaces and/or nipple rings.
- DO NOT SCRATCH, TOUCH OR RUB ANYWHERE NEAR THE BREASTS/AREA OF EXAM FOR 4 HOURS PRIOR TO THE EXAM.
Please contact our office with any questions: 205-605-9536, or email [email protected] We look forward to serving you!